Thursday, December 27, 2007

1130PM

Oh my god, after what seems to be like forever and ever and ever of rotting at home and abstaining myself from any forms of activities related to school and education, I finally have to step into the grounds of MJC and have a taste of the "interesting", as they would say, journey that lies ahead.

I slept for close to 5 hours after that. Completely drained.

I must admit that the admin day, though it was very overloaded and tiring, it equipped us with useful information about JC education system and gave us a clearer and broader picture of life at MJC. It really striked me that MJC is actually very much alike to TK. I don't know if it's just me or what but I see resemblance of my secondary school with this college. Maybe I am having withdrawal symptoms from TK.

But, seriously. Thank God many many TKsians were there so I felt pretty comfortable and good and oh yes, what are the chances of meeting your long-lost primary school best friend? God, after 4 years of not talking and walking with her, it was so surreal to do just that and she hasn't changed very much, so yay!

Now I am really really undecided about my subject combination, far worse off than I was yesterday. I have totally scrapped off Geography from my mind especially it is required that you have some funny skills like fieldwork and another which I cannot remember. I cannot even do a decent job with a topographic map and now fieldwork? Hah, good joke. And, the lady who addressed us for Geography didn't appear to me as friendly and passionate and if she had made a morsel of an attempt to convince us, I would probably still consider. So that's another reason for me not to take Geog. Seriously, why are all Geography teachers odd one way or the other?

So, ultimately now, it boils down to H2 Physics or H2 Economics or H2 History. H1 is a confirmed, without a speck of doubt, China Studies in English. That teacher had successfully manipulated my feelings and won me over. So, yeah, GO MAO!

Economics, so they said, is a life-skill and it will be with you up to university level. Without this knowledge, you cannot understand the global economic behaviour or simply, the article in Straits Times. Thanks eh, for adding to my dilemma. I don't want to take Econ be it H1 or H2 since you have to handle graphs, interpretations and more nonsense but if I'm thinking long-term, maybe it is really handy to have this knowledge.

History is not very much a life-skill but my only reason for contemplating on History is that, though it's heavier in terms of workload, let's face it, it's all memory work. And if my memory works really well, then it is an added advantage for me, is it not? I don't have to bother about the Science behind why the Berlin Wall was demolished or why there was a Cold War, right. And, that will mean 1 less subject to lose my sleep over.

Physics, the teacher said, requires interest and the love to solve questions that are _________ (which I inferred to be along the line of 'ridiculous' and 'not meant to be solved'). No, I do not have that much interest in Physics and no, I do not seek pleasure from doing things that cannot be done. But, I am afraid I need Physics in the long run especially after the NUS talk.

I must submit my decision online by 1130pm tonight.

Show me the light, somebody. Anybody.

No comments: