Friday, December 28, 2007

Condolences

I've finally decided on my subject combination and the whole process gives you this really strange feeling. Not like twillight zone strange but just knowing that you will step into the unknown once again and start on something totally new, which in a way is twillight zone. And, I couldn't help but ponder what if I've made the wrong decision, you know. I cannot even do my own laundry at 16 and now, I have to decide on my academic future at such at a fragile age. Cruelty is against the law.

So, my first choice was indeed H2 Physics, H2 Chem, H2 Maths, H1 China Studies in EL. And, the second choice was the same for everything except H2 Physics is replaced by H2 History.

Once again, I am not feeling anything. Not anxious or worried or hopeful or anything at all. I just take it as it comes, I guess. This whole situation of not having a proper direction and my let-nature-takes-it-course attitude will kill me one day. Pretty sure of that.

Anyway, was forced to go Tampines Mall with the Mom to collect my specs and I just got home. We saw this really interesting Science Set at Toys R Us and just when Mom wanted to take it off the shelf and off to the cashier, I saw the prints on the box and it said, " _______ Physics and Energy". The blank being some words that were outshone by the the two key words later thus accounting for the reason why I cannot recall them. Physics? Like what the hell... Imagine the horror I faced. I was fooled for a few minutes thinking it was a Chemistry Set since it said on the box with a WARNING label on it and the words that followed were something like, "... chemicals included...could be dangerous if mishandled... adult supervision". Imagine the horror one more time.

Speaking of horror, I forced Mom to get me this Singapore Ghost DVD that I was dying to get my hands on. It is more like a documentary kinda thing; a group of supernatural investigators like the SPI visited some unnamed places in our island that were deemed to be haunted and they recorded the whole "investigation" and even have a reenactment. Honestly, I don't think it will be that scary but they had a POCONG picture on the cover and a Chinese ghost next to it so how can I not buy it, seriously?

Anyhoo, school is starting in a few days for the JC people and once again we are gonna drag our sorry ass to school in the morning while a whole lot of others from our cohort who are planning for Poly sleep their morning away. Sometimes, I do regret applying for the PAE and getting it but my judgement is just clouded by some foolish excuses. So whoever are going for the PAE, live the rest of the holiday like it is your last. Hah, I just felt like saying that for added impact.

According to Associated Press, Benazir Bhutto was a masterful politician and knew what the Pakistanis wanted. She gave the people a voice and talked about them and their problems; that was her real achievement. From BBC NEWS, Bhutto will be buried today after Friday prayers at her ancestral home at Ghari Khuda Baksh, next to her father, former Prime Minister Zulkifar Ali Bhutto. She was leaving an election rally in Rawalpindi and was standing in the open sunroof of a car when a gunman shot her in the neck and chest. Moments later, he blew himself up, killing 20 other innocent people. The world condemns this heinous crime and the perpetrators should be brought to justice.

My condolences goes out to the family of Benazir Bhutto and the Pakistanis.

i put my life in danger and came here because i feel this country is in danger. people are worried. we will bring this country out of the crisis.- Benazir Bhutto at Rawalpindi on 27th December 2007, shortly before being assassinated.

No comments: