Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 As It Was

And so, once again, here we are- at the final stop, looking back at all the things that had happened regardless of their impact on our lives. We stopped and turned back and with different memories taking its frame in our minds, our feelings and emotions are altered likewise. Then, we wondered and reflected like we always have at this juncture whether we have gained anything in all, if not, some of Life's lessons for us or whether all that we had lost clouded the better times of yesterday. Then, you move your feet forward and continue with your journey, passing this stop and while you keep fond memories of what laid behind you, you brace yourself for the unknown that will meet you very soon.

And, I don't know what the hell got into me when I was writing that. It was just one of those emotional seizures I get while writing. Forgive me.

Anyhoo, 2007 is ending in a few hours and please do not ask me how I spent the last day of my 2007 because I will get emotional again and probably it'll be even uglier than the one up there so lets skip on that.

Come to think of it, 2007 has been an extremely great year and even that, is an understatement to how the year was to me. Lets just put it as the year had touched all facets of my life; brought many joys and laughter, tears and sorrow and even moments of uncertainty and doubts but without any doubt, a year well-spent.

I'm very sure highlight of the year for me and other 1991 babies had to be GCE O Level. Funny how at this same time last year, I remembered praying that the year will just whiz past us so I don't have to stay long and feel the excruciating pain of the academic preparations- lectures, assignments, practicals and what have you not. There was no common tests so life was a little better since there is no reason to start cramming so early in the year but I thought I slogged and prepared well for Mid Year. But, reflecting on it, slogged? NO. Prepared? Yes- to fail MYE, that is. That's what deceiving yourself is, darling. But the time building up to Prelims was very intense and everyone started getting serious with their work and what used to be pockets of laughter in class had turned to ultimate silence, I thought. Prelims came and Prelims went and focus was all it was about. I cried when I did not get my A1 for Chemistry and while I was at that, I cried good and embarassed myself. Shame shame. O levels it was finally and terror, anxiety, relieved and everything else sums up to one giant ball of emotion that was just bursting to escape from me. Then it ended. And, thank god, I'm still alive.

But, really, along the way, no matter how cliche and corny this sounds, meaningful relationships were fostered and friends do get closer to one another and we grew. Then there are many people that I've grown to understand and be fond of and here, I ain't mentioning names cause chances are I will forget some and that will be ugly, sista. So, nuh-uh, no names but you guys do know who you are.

Thank You to those who I studied and crammed with, who exchanged motivation and support, who saw and put up with my 3-seconds interval breakdown, who helped me with all those nonsense and what now seems to be trivial O level questions and in many different ways. Thank You for going through this journey with me and ease the pain and burden of our academic year. Thank You. Love you niggas and hoes.

Now, I'm gonna be random.

Oh, I bought my first hamster in February, the day Heather's hamster died and in June, mine died. His name is Pebbles by the way. Yes, it's a 'he' and has a name of a 'she', if you watch Flintstones.

Then, bought 3 more hamsters and in order of appearance(age), Grabbles, Cobbles, Frabbles. There's a similarity in their names which I have wisely thought of by simply using Newton's Law, coupled with 3 drops of NaOH mixed with half a beaker of Universal Indicator and heated to 75 degrees celsius, no more no less and judging the direction of the Monsoon wind this year and finally I read a little spell from Source Based Questions Nov '84, source C. Heh, bet you cannot figure out the similarity.

Many other personal things that happened that I feel has no space in this post but still has an impact on my life no less. And, which I also, wish to spare you from one of my another over-reacting moments which is actually a 2-second interval affair. Ugly, I know.

I really hope your 2007 was a swell one and one that you will, one day, look back and have a reason to smile.

2008, you better be better than what I have now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: