Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bye, Cobbles

When Grabbles died the other day, I knew be soon before long that Cobbles' time will be up too cause we got the both of them around the same time and they were the same age when they came. But thing is, we didn't expect it to be this soon, you know.


Let me tell you what a monster Cobbles was. He was so terribly naughty that when we first bought him, he'd bite every single hand that touched him. He would fight with Grabbles, then fought with Grabbles against Frabbles and eventually made up his mind on which his alliance he wanted to be in. In the end, it was Cobbles and Frabbles against Grabbles. And you thought they only knew how to run on their wheels.

Cobbles and Frabbles lived together and they tried every single day of all conceivable ways to break lose of their house. One night, we found both of them missing because they had torn down the plastic door my father made. Frabbles tortured Cobbles all the time by lying down flat on him while he was sleeping and he would not budge until Cobbles wake up. And when he did, both of them started breaking the 912380912831th door my father made. And they were missing again and again and again....

Then Frabbles had cancer and we thought all this mischief would come to an end but even then Frabbles still forced Cobbles to wake up when he was asleep and they would try escaping again. Then Frabbles' condition became serious and Cobbles always lied down next to him and he would do some funny things to Frabbles' face. He let Frabbles lied down on him on hours on end so that Frabbles could sleep. Cobbles found Frabbles dead one morning and when my mother walked past their cage, he was standing and running, alerting us.

Then Cobbles became reclusive and all he did was trying to fight Grabbles in the other cage. Cobbles would bite every one's finger when they disturbed him but he'd never bite mine to hurt me. I would give him my index finger and he would bite it hard enough so that he would not fall off when I carry him in the air. And when I refused to let him bite my finger, he would chase my hand and look for my finger with his tiny hands. And when he found it, he would bite it much harder and continue placing his teeth there until I carried him up. Get someone else to do that, he would bite the finget till it bleeds.

That's our thing until today. The day he died.

No comments: