Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I am so sad that sad does not qualify the sadness that I am in. I am just sadded.

HAHA. I'm so bullshit.

Actually, I'm so pissed that I could not solve this chem deductive question. Seriously man, seriously. If that organic compound test positive for 2,4-DNPH it means it is a carbonyl. If it tests positive for Tollen that freaking means that bullcrap isn't ketone because it is aldehyde. Now now, if it tests negative for Fehling, then that compound is not aliphatic thus it is an aromatic aldehyde.

At this point, I am freaking happy like I'm on weed cause I solved the greatest chemisty mystery ever.

But something just had to break my bubble. Some goddamn ass tried to be funny and put in the question that is, btw, so flawed that this compound reacts with alkaline iodine and give yellow colour and a distinct smell. Any retard would know that means it tests positive for oxidation (iodoform test) and that means this muthafucking compound has to have an R grp-c=0 and a -ch3 attached to the c atom.

And the only aldehyde that can test positive for iodoform test is ethanal.

HOW THE SHIT DO YOU HAVE A BENZENE RING WITH A CH3 GRP ATTACHED TO YOUR C=O AND STILL TEST POSITIVE FOR TOLLEN?!!!

I'm sure all that we're learning now is a universal conspiracy. Nobody actually knows what they're teaching. Their teachers convince them that its correct and our teachers convince us it's correct. We never really know if it's correct.

We can never be really sure if 1 plus 1 is 2. Maybe that sandwich you're holding isn't chicken in it. Maybe chicken isn't chicken. Maybe chicken is goldfish.

Ok i'll just shut up right about.. now.

No comments: