Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ni hao ma!

This is what I was expecting Shanghai to look like:

Dirty road with psycho traffic. Very few sky-high building. People fighting at night. People spitting everywhere. People digging their nose. Thick air pollution that will choke me. People cannot speak English. People speak English in Chinese, if you know what I mean. Very cheap things there. Bak Kwa everywhere.

This is what Shanghai was like:

Dirty road with psycho traffic. Everywhere sky-high building. People talk like they were fighting night and morning. People spitting everywhere. Thin air pollution and foggy only. People cannot speak English. People speak English in Chinese, I know you know what I mean. Very cheap and expensive things there. Bak Kwa, i'm not sure.

I gave the Chinese such little credit la, I swear. But, this trip kinda shifted my views a little and straightened my stereotypical thinking of the China and Chinese I had created in my mind. Lets not get into details.

I'll do a proper post once I get off my bed but don't count on it cause I'm not moving too soon.

Let me tell you about the best part of the trip. Shopping!

My bargaining skill is the bestzzzzzz. I own China already.

These are the things I memorised before the ultimate shopping trip. Pardon the han yu pin yin. I'll just type out what I thought it sounded like okay. Haha.

Gun ya, tou sau?( auntie, how much)
heng kui ah! (very expensive ah!)
wo pu yao ah (i dont want)

This is the secret I used to get a 180 yen bag at just 75 yen. Dont tell anyone!

Update later!

No comments: