Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Nice China Uncle

I have a friend in China. Like my own homie.

No, seriously.

So, you see, I bought this bag at 75 yuan although the selling price was 180 yuan. And you guys know the drill there- bargain till you get it for free. Okay, that's not it. But the point is, they anyhow whack prices there so you have to know your rights as a consumer. Okay that's not the point either. The point is everything there is very cheap so if you make it cheaper you come back with a lot more things.

Anyway, the uncle who sold the bag was not a Han Chinese but I don't know which minority group he is in. The thing is he is super duper nice and nice and you know, there's just something about his sincerity that cannot be put into words. I almost did not want to bargai for the bag- that's how nice he is.

And when I wanted to go off, I told him he was very handsome and nice and then he said, "Ya, handsome but no money". Omg, very cute right.

So later, Eileen wanted to buy a bag as well and I brought her there and so this uncle earned more and I was already very glad for him but when Mr Yeo and the rest of the people wanted to buy the bag from him, I was beyond glad. I was so freaking over the top. Like the cow jump over the moon kinda thing.

The point is, I discovered the truth when people say you'll feel good when you make others feel better. And I discovered that in China. But, nevermind that.

And, check this out. He gave me his namecard. Like I can die happy already.

No comments: