Sunday, February 8, 2009

Orientation 2009 is frigggin over biaaatch!!!

God knows how much I've been wanting this Orientation thing to be over. I've wanted it to be over before it even started so needless to say, I am so relieved, ecstatic, satisfied and glad that it's all over and done and we put on a good show, more importantly.

As a 2nd I/C for Orientation, I stand by my words that the whole preparation and build up towards the event was as tiring as hell and was largely not pleasant at all especially when plans were changed ever so often! We were kept busy for 6 months and for this 6 months we ate, slept and breathed Fortitude. But, in retrospect (because even the nastiest shit looks good in retrospect), I have gained so much knowledge during this preparation. You look beyond fun. You think feasibility, safety and the welfare of those involved. And sometimes, things don't go as the way you planned but you must know the show has to go on. O Comm, the whole journey with you guys this whole time has been the most tiresome but the most memorable for me. We pulled this whole thing off guys. Thanks Edwin, Mel, Yi Hui, Bixuan, Suan Kai, Chee Kian.

As a 1st I/C for ROCK O.N, I took it upon myself to end Orientation on a freaking high note. Though personally, it was tough for me to get the act together especially when my segment is the last one for this whole crazy event and everyone around me had reached their limit, I really thought that night wasn't bad at all, in fact from how I saw it, the freshmen danced, cheered and sang the college anthem the loudest I ever heard so Orientation ended extremely well for me. Ke Hui, seriously without you this whole thing wasn't possible at all and I would have just died long ago so now I owe you a mega huge bubble tea! Kamal, thanks for getting the judges! Samuel thanks for helping out Atiqah with the music! And Mai, you've done a lot for this finale so don't you cry okay, we wouldn't have the invites if it were not for you!

Atiqah, thanks you super computer woman for handling the AV really really well and the narration times were darn funny!

Personally for me, yesterday was the 1st time since I stepped into MJC that I sang the college anthem the loudest and it was with pride like a Meridian. That was also when I felt the most attached to the 6th Student Council.

No 6, all that happened during this time had allowed us to know ourselves and one another better. Remember that we are one force and we are 30 strong. 30 and nothing less.

No comments: