Saturday, April 26, 2008

Drowsy Fist

Has been a while has it not. Busy busy busy. Sick sick sick.

I booked out of CTC early yesterday cause I was at the lowest point of my health. Threw up countless of times and the chicken burger I had for recess came out. Only that it looked and tasted less appetising. I took my pills during the camp and amidst soccer cheering, I just zonked out. I swear I heard no cheers, no shouts, no whistles. I just slept.

Reached home at 815pm, washed up a little and by 830pm, I was gone. I woke up at 1030am. Good sleep but bad headache. But, still, good sleep.

Just took my pills again and I'm very drowsy. So if there is no flow in this post, do forgive me.

PI is due next Friday and that means all J1 who are in this miserable education system have to hand it in as well. Just got an edited PI from Mr Chiang via email and there's so many things to be done. And it doesn't help I am not that familiar with drawing tables on Microsoft. If only we could write... No, not really.

Oh, got back my CSE research essay. Did relatively well, Band 2, 19/30 cause all the ones I asked either had Band 3 or as far as Band 7. You know, it really put a smile on my face whenever I see "Good effort Amalina!" or "Excellent!" on my essays cause I feel that my effort is recognised by the marker. And, that makes me feel good.

You know, when I was in Primary School, I was really inclined towards language and arts and I was really convinced this is an area I really want to be in. Just writing on and on about topics that have no one answer to it or just reading, understanding or not, articles and reviews on anything that interests me.

Then, in TK, I discovered my passion for Science cause the Science department there is solid like a rock. Teachers were awesome and everything was really.. Science-y. Since we were all streamed according to our ability in Science, the more I studied it, the more I seem to like or to at least, forced myself to like it. And it worked. Language did not appeal to me much cause what we did was so mundane- comprehension, summary on fictional stories. No one is to be blamed but it bored me.

Now, in MJ, the Science department is solid too but at the same time, we are exposed to real issues and current affairs to discuss about and write in our essays. And, that, interests me once more. It's like finding your old love after being separated forever.

Drowsy. Drowsy.

I need to sleep now.

PI, you are next.

No comments: