Sunday, April 13, 2008

Love TK; Love Aljunied Not

Okay people, this is gonna be a looong post.

So I went down to Kallang to support TK band and I knew when I came home I would feel even worse. I missed TK like siao already and when I sat there amongst the other TKsians and the class of 2007, it felt right. Nothing could've spoilt it. Even better, when I was talking to Mr Yusri, Mr Singh (2 of my favourite people) and some others, it was just like good old days again. Comfortable like hell, almost like I was back home.

And yeah, TK won Gold with Honours but not Best Display Band. I must agree with Wan Fong that it just didn't felt right when they performed. It was a Gold standard performance but it was clearly not TK's standard. The way I see it, just take it as a time for all of you to reflect on your performances, maybe it was complacency but whatever it is, when the next competition comes, we'll be ready to get that title back. We are here to back you up.

Congrats TK Band!

You know, I'm really trying hard not to give a biased opinion or any of those things you've learnt in SBQ but I still think in terms of cheering Class of 2007 was still the best. This year's people are a mile behind us but there were a couple who went around fervently to ra-ra the crowd. Like Fong said, gimme 70 2007 people, we can cheer louder than the whole school could yesterday. But, good game all. God, I miss TK.

Okay, so the next part is the highlight of my post. It is crazy, by the way.

After the band competition, I was supposed to go City Hall for dinner with the gang but I forgot I had promised Adrian that I would meet him. I called him and I knew he was angry and he kept chanting I stood him up. Then he called again just to tell me he was at Kallang already and wanted to meet for a while so we could talk. Hello, what the hell happened to handphones?

Anyway, I walked from Kallang and met him at a junction somewhere along Sims Drive and I was expecting him to just go berserk and be in a trance but he was calm. Bad sign. And we walked and walked and walked cause apparently he said he knew the way to the MRT station. I think it was along Sims something, next to a highway and when there was nobody there, he went mad. Not angry mad, okay well maybe a little of angry mad but it was more of Woodbridge mad. And he went on and on and on and he ran and turned into a corner and then, he was gone.

And suddenly I was alone at some ulu lame ass place, almost like Twilight Zone called Aljuneid. And I was lost.

I checked my phone signal and there wasn't any signal and I panicked even more. I walked further up just to find residential blocks and more highway. There was this school called Manjusri Sec and because I've seen it during my train rides, I knew I was not exaclty lost but because I don't know where I was, that is considered lost. And, even the blocks were ulu, who the hell lives in that kind of place? So dark and... ulu.

Long story short, called Julia, Teng, Sue andYap and they were my manual GPS. I walked all the way from Kallang to Aljunied MRT station and you know, when everything goes wrong, everything goes wrong. I was walking under this shelter and there was 'pakk', 'pakk' sound and of course, I thought it was a Pontianak then suddenly, this apek rode on his bicycle and said, "It's the rain, don't be afraid".

Hell, sure I won't be afraid when you just did your Jumper act on me, apek!

I went through all that shit because one guy who probably had grown boobs instead of chest hair thought it was fucking cool to do his PMS on me. And, I thought we were friends, sucker.

It was my fault, I know but was there a need to do this shit? Why can't you just get angry and shout at me to make yourself feel better just like the rest of the 18 billion people living in this world would? I am sorry because it was my mistake but screw yourself upside down, friend.

Ju and all said I walked really fast from Kallang all the way to Aljunied so I deduced the only good thing that came out from this is that, sure pass 2.4km!

Aljunied and I just don't click anymore, not that we used to. If you live in Aljunied, we probably won't click either. Aljunied is effing ulu, I really think nobody should live there. It was dark, ulu, old people on bicycles and there was no signs of life. Omg, please leave Aljunied if you live in Aljunied.

Okay, fine. I don't hate you just because you live in Aljunied. But, it's your crib that is standing between us, y'all.

And the best is yet to come.

In the train at Kembangan, this one Eurasian guy who was standing right next to us fainted. He fell down face first and he turned his body around with his eyes staring at our direction. His head was in the way of the door and he laid motionless for more than 10 seconds. All I did was scream and chanted "OMG!". Yap jumped up and shouted "What the fuck?!". The guy then just stood up after that and walked out like nothing had happened.

There was something about his eyes that disturbed us. It was just piercing and all of us thought he was dead.

Hope he is alright now. And if anyone of you happens to go out with me, please schedule your fainting slot to the next available period when I'm not around cause all I can do is say "OMG!".

Phew. That's it. All in a day's work.

Now, I have to do my homework. The things I do for TK are amazing... at the expense of my homework. But, I love TK and I don't love homework.

Congrats if you reached the end. :D

No comments: