Sunday, April 20, 2008

Election

I've been busy and lazy these days and I can safely tell you that these two don't complement each other.

First thing first, election. It went off really well actually, if you don't count sitting on a chair with both knees touching each other and not allowed to talk for 2 hours and no yawning or slouchnig either. It happened very fast for me and when the emcee called out my name and number, I can vaguely remember the nerves or even standing up for that matter. But, I remember the claps. The funny thing was, I cannot remember doing the speech and it was like I was jolted back to reality when I said, "thank you" and I turned around. I was like, "Eh, finish? So fast".

Alvin came up to ask me a question during Q&A and it was alright. Nothing too mind-boggling or anything but it was during the general Q&A where the any nominee can volunteer to answer that I lost my countenance. A few questions were raised and Edwin, Samuel and a few others were like, "Ama, Ama, go go now. Clear your mind, you can do this,". But, I couldn't cause I was too nervous and I couldn't hear the question clearly.

Then, Zaki asked, "Which is more important to you? School work or council work? Don't tell me equally important cause I want to know which is more important," And, sub-conciously, I raised my hand and because I can't just pretend that my hand was not raised in front of the whole cohort, I answered the question.

I said school work and they clapped. Then, I told them, I still want their votes. They laughed.

Tomorrow is the results. Hoping for the best but since shit happens, even if I am not selected, it was a great learning experience. Good luck, 6th Student Council Nominees!

Physics test on Wednesday, Atomic quiz and CSE SBQ test on Friday.

GP has been really fun and darling but it's the compre bit that spoils it. I never liked compre and things will not be different with GP compre. GP essay is more refreshing in a sense that it's your opinion and if you substantiate it wisely, you can never be wrong.

That's whay I like, to never be wrong.

Okay, I'm off to do some of my tutorials.

No comments: