Sunday, January 4, 2009

The surgery promised the looks of Halle Berry.

And look at what happened to me...




This was right after the surgery and my eyes and face became so swollen, I had trouble carrying my head and opening my eyes while walking out.

So, anyway, remember how I was so excited practically counting the hours to the surgery? You know what, that was stupid. And dumb. And involved no infliction of pain of any sort on the skin or on the mind. The surgery however, was the anti-thesis cause it was brilliant and fucking painful.

I say fucking cause the word "too", "extremely" or anything of that nature does not come even 10 miles to the real pain I felt. You know how I feel about profanities. (HAHA.)

And have I mentioned how scheming and cunning these dermatologists are?

During my previous consultation, they told me the laser would be painless and I wouldn't have to worry about feeling my skin actually burning while I just sit there and do nothing. I became suspicious cause lets face it, good surgery and no pain, now that doesn't come around everyday. So he explained, they will apply a cream over my affected skin and after 1 hour, a pain-free laser surgery will be on the way.

Still, too good to be true right?

But I was too deluded to get my skin problem solved and I thought, this surgery would be so easy, I can do my 539482309482 Physics MCQ holiday homework while he lasers my face.

Now, now. Tell me if you ever had gotten 'cream' injected into your skin and the idea of injecting does not make you a) wanna run out of the centre and leave your parents clueless and b) feel pain all over the body even at places they won't be touching.

I am actually pretty good with injections but never had one on the face before and didn't really plan to for the rest of my life.

That's what I got. Instead of cream being applied on my skin, I had anaesthetic (i cant be bothered if there's spelling error) injected into my face. And no, not once, not twice but 4 bottles of it.

So ordeal's over right? Cause the injection means painless laser surgery right?

My ass. I could feel the intense heat from the laser, alright. And I jolted everytime it touched my skin and the doctor thought I was having a shock but the truth was, I could feel every joule of heat touching my skin and not just touching, burning, burning till I was looking down at myself lying down on the bed from the top of the room.

Okay, that didn't happen. But it would make a good story.

What happened was, I just shouted and go "ooh ooh, i can feel that" and when the pain became torture, I asked, "is it supposed to be this painful cause i think i may be damaged permanently".

In the end, they gave me 8 bottles of that useless chemical cause first, what the hell happened to painless surgery cause I could smell the burning of skin while I laid down waiting for the firemen to barge into the doors any minute and the terrifying sound of the laser wasn't helping (it sounds like.. "whoooooosh" really loudly) and second, there was no way I could have done my Physics MCQ in that kind of environment.

But the best part is this,

Doctor: On a scale of 1-10, how painful is this? *lasers off my skin, prentending not to sense my discomfort*

Me: Oooh, ouch, I feel that. Urm.. 12.

Moral of the story: With such intolerable pain, tummy tuck, butt lift and all that is out of the question.


And I can't be outdoors for 2 weeks. Just in time for school. Just nice for me to complete my homework.

something tells me i will regret putting these extreme makeover pictures cause they're just too gorgeous.

No comments: