Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Loooong Post






























































































So, how long has it been since a proper post? Brace yousrself for a looong post.

Last year, on my birthday, I came home from school and I found out that my parents had bought a surprise birhtday cake for me. And you know, if they bother to keep a secret like this, the least I could do was to be surprise. The problem was, they do this every single year! And every year I have to be surprised.
And that same day, they said they wanted to make my 17th birthday a real birthay. A party. A cake. Friends and Family over the house. And I told them, I don't really like birthday cake, not into the party thang. Just want a silent celebration with the family.

And silent it was this year. Woke up last Friday with 22 smses on the phone. Can you imagine what would have happened if I had not silent my phone the previous night? I would have woken up 22 times in one night!

Anyway, no cake. Nothing. And I thought to myself, "Baik ama. Baik. You said you never really like cake and look at what you get. Nothing!". No actually I get this from my father, he smsed "happy birthday. you old now ah, remember".

But, really, the dinner at Breeks later was good so, who actually eats a birthday cake eh?

And this is when I become a lucky bitch. I had fever on Sunday and my WHOLE family and oh, trust me when I say WHOLE, we Malay people have WHOLE family, the mother's sister, the mother's brother's and the wife's and the children and the mother's another brother's and the cousins' and the wife's and the husband's and the postman. God, I swear it is like that.

I can't even remember what I wanted to say now. Oh, so on that Sunday, we were over at my Uncle's place, don't ask which one cause I will take 2.5 hours to explain to you. And so when you have fever and you are in a Baju Kurong and it's a hot day, you get really extra easily irritated and even the Mee Soto is not appetising anymore. See how bad it gets to you.

But, when you hear the happy birthday song and a whole 'legion' of your cousins coming out from the kitchen with a birthday cake, all the fever and the headaches were dispelled! Moral of the story, when you have fever, ask your loved ones to sing happy birthday to you.

No what I'm saying is, I'm blessed to have people who actually love and care about me cause I'm really not an easy creature to be fond with. Well I am if you actually find annoyance, taking ugly photos, talking non-stop, making fun of people who are angry at me aka as my father and mother and all that shit really cute.

And this doesn't really matter but since it's worth 120dollars I have to mention this. The cousins got me 120dollars worth of Esprit Gift Voucher.

Guess who loves Esprit and guess who's going shopping this Saturday?






































































No comments: