Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Am GP Rep

Really short one again cause I am extremely drained today physically.

Nothing much happened this few weeks other than the normal school routine. I wish something interesting happens on a daily basis so I'll find more than one reason to wake up and get my sorry ass to college every day. The period when MSK escaped from the detention centre was filled with fear and suspense but at least it was interesting. Oh, my father woke up late today... like really late and so, I woke up late too. But, still early for school. The beauty of living near to where you study.

Anyway, had Compass today and it was really different from PAE. CG was way bigger and there was lesser CG interaction. Mr Chiang and Dr Vaz aren't that different though- tutors who take it easy. But, Mr Chiang keeps more to the schedule that he had planned out whereas Dr Vaz just go with the flow. I miss Dr Vaz and how we slacked like hell during Compass. We played truth or dare during the first lesson. He told us the person he did not like after he chose to tell the truth. That was how 'on' he was la!

During GP we discussed about family and as expected, the issue on legalising gay marriages in Singapore surfaced. When I was brainstorming all the points to agree and disagree, it hit me and I thought for a while, how will our society be shaped like if/when gay marriages are legalised? Then, the next predictable issue will be permitting gay couples to adopt children and if we do permit this, how will this children be affected during their development process? Will man-man relationship, to them be considered normal and man-woman be regarded as otherwise? And when they ask the parents where they come from, what is the response given?

A really intriguing human experiment, if you ask me.

Anyhoo, I am the GP Representative. Didn't come as a surprise to you, right? HAHA. Didn't think so.

you bleed for me, i'll bleed for you

No comments: