Sunday, February 17, 2008

Into The Unknown

Don't get me started on my hate relationship with anything that sounds or has to do with Monday. Like, which knucklehead thought it was cool to name a day as 'Monday' and another idiothead who thought it's even cooler to start school on a Monday. If school starts on any other day but Monday, I am almost certain I will not have anything personal against Monday. Maybe on some other days...

Anyway, this Tuesday is the posting for JAE. Time do fly if you think about it. It seems like it was only a couple of days back I was complaining how much I was rotting my life away then when college started, I complained I did not have enough time doing nothing. And, there was the O levels result period then now, PAE is ending and it's time for the real deal.

Aaaah, another 18 months roughly in an education system I'm really not sure I want to be involved in.

You know, honestly, I have never considered anything that has to do with Poly and I'm saying this with no intention of disrespect to my fellow friends who are/will be going to Poly or even trying to hint of superiority of JC over Poly, cause I personally feel that's a whole load of bull.

Back to what I wanted to say- I did not consider Poly at all because I have not the slightest idea what course I want to pursue in or even if I am cut-out for Poly life. You need so much discipline to attend lectures, exemplary time management to balance projects, assignments, exams, social life and the list goes. That is why I envy those who are going Poly because they know exactly what they want and they are already doing what they want to do and enjoying it. I am in a JC because I am not really sure if the career path I will be taking is what I really want when I enter Uni and other than that, technically, JC is the surest path to Uni.

Then, there's the other thing of screwing up 'A's and not getting a place in Uni and not even having a proper A level certificate or even a diploma thus making my point above on JC being your passport to Uni a whole load of bull altogether. And, the dream job that I have in mind now may change 2 years from now and then I'll be left doing something I do not want to do for the next century.

The only reason I am thinking so much about this JC/Poly thing now, Uni and career is because a friend of mine told me she has her life planned ahead of her and she knows what she wants and she'll do it. And, she plans to get married 2 years from now and already has a 'planned husband', if you will.

You can say it's the fear of being in the unknown that has prompted me to rant everything above. I know as for right now, the only thing I am willing to exchange my sleep with is Chemistry and thus my career path in mind is something along the chemicals. But, even then I am not doing well for JC Chem and it's supposed to be easy-peasy shit. And, I'm doubting my interest in Chem now.

Ah. I know why I'm blabbering too much now! I could not solve the Iodometric question in the tutorial and I went crazy for a while.

if time was in our favour

No comments: