Sunday, July 27, 2008

This Is For You If You Feel The Pinch

I had pizza for lunch, after lunch and now I really need to shit. But, it's not coming out yet so here I am.

Tried to study/complete homeworks just now but the afternoon heat is too overwhelming to the point it had become a distraction. So, I swtiched on the air-con hoping it'll give me a comfortable environment but nope, too cold. And again, distraction.

So, I'll just wait for evening; when the sun is gone, the temperature just right and I start wasting my time away reading notes and practising things that would not have mattered in any way. Or, what you guys call "studying".

Anyway, this thing has been gnawing at me for some time and it's about time I say this. I really detest people who regards their lack of proficiency in their Mother Tongue Language as a sign of their superiority to the others who actually are much better in this area than them. I have plenty of friends who are very gone case with their Chinese/Malay but I don't find them repulsive because they acknowledge the very fact that they are more comfortable with English than their MT but they never belittle their own language or for that matter, their own race.

Seriously, it's one thing to be not good at it but it's another thing altogether to go around and profess it with such air that only makes you look no better than a cunt. Truth is, you are just saying you don't care about your MT because you don't produce grades and because you are such a dickhead, you stoop so low and pretend those who are much better with the language are deemed "backwards". And this whole time, I only had one person in my head.

I got news for you brother. No matter how much you claim you are way better than your language/race or how deep your wannabe English poems get, none of that change your roots or who you really are. And by the way, don't flatter yourself too much cause those people will think twice, thrice before taking a second look at you.

I think some of my close friends know who I'm talking about. Haha. I didn't even mean for this to be so angsty but oh well, you can only ride your feelings man.

No comments: