Monday, January 21, 2008

The Big O

To all who took the Olevels during November session, results this Thursday, 24th Jan '08 at 2pm.

I read Atiqah's sms this morning when I was walking to the bus-stop and word is going around that results are gonna be released this Thursday. First reaction- Bullshit. Second reaction- Shit, I just cursed in the morning.

Then had some discussions with Theodora and Jia Yu about our probable results and we too, since had so much time in our hands, speculated the release date. Just when we were about to agree on 25th (as though it makes any difference with our agreement), received another sms from Sue-Ann. Thursday it is. And, you guessed it, I cursed another time.

I could not focus at all during college after the news broke and everyone was pretty much the same- restless. And as soon as the period ends, you could easily hear without eavesdropping cause that will be rude, people saying "O levels... Thursday..". During Maths Tut, I kept thinking of my binominal in O levels and tried to recall if I did everything right but the more I think of it, the more I'm somehow convinced I screwed up. So, I did what I had to do- stone throughout the whole period.

Oh, funny thing was that I was at CS then I saw this sort of toy they had and lo and behold, it is the Magic Ball. Ask anything you want and the answer will be revealed. So... being the lunatic that I've always been, I tried my luck for fun and joy. Told myself I will not be affected by an $19 bogus magic ball..

Me: Will my results be good?

Magic Ball: It's Doubtful.

*gasp*

Me: (convinced myself there has got to be some technical error) Will my results be good?

MB: The answer points to No.

I couldn't breathe... And I thought, one more time since 3 is the minimum number of time you should conduct your experiment to minimise random errors.

MB: Not able to predict.

I died then. Like I seriously wanted to just stop breathing there and then.

On a more serious note, had some talks with Mum and Dad a few days already and tried as I might to decipher the underlying message behind their encouragement, I could not. I mean, after spending tons of moolahs on my education in preparation for this 1 exam, they ought to have some expectations on me other than go JC and thus, below 20. I wanted to know what was their ideal point and what according to them is average, good and excellent.

Mum said average is 12, good is 10, excellent is 8-9.

Me: What is average to you?

Dad: (pondering real hard) I have to say... 10.

Me: What?! Okay, good?

Dad: (ponder harder than before) I have to say... 15.

Me: ....

Clearly my Dad has no idea what we were talking about all these times.

i dare you to forget all the marks you left

No comments: