Thursday, January 31, 2008

Because I'm Selfish, That's Why.

I should stop updating every day. But, somehow, I always find myself right here typing my thoughts out. And, I tell myself I should stop doing this on a daily basis.

Anyhoo, though today was a ridiculously long day, surprise surprise, I had loads of fun. I think it's my CG mates who are making this whole experience as fun as it is. I gotta be honest though that when I first saw my CG with only a strength of 13 and letting my judgmental behaviour take over me, I was like, "This is gonna be hard". But, I'm glad I am wrong... Like seriously, how often do you hear me or for that matter, anybody saying that?

I really like my CG bucketloads. And, I'm hoping I'll get MJ and stay in this CG with these people and spend my next 2 years in bliss.

Having said that, I miss TK more than ever now. It's just the place you know; it feels so right to just sit in the canteen and just watch the students run pass you. And, inevitably, memories of yesteryears just flood you once again. When you turn to every corner, go into every room, pictures of lessons and the laughter you break into with your friends for what now seems so silly, are there to greet you. And you think to yourself, "Wow, I used to be here. 4 years had passed too fast,".

Maybe it's true, time is jealous of you when you are enjoying yourself and so it does what it does best- speed past us. You know, I've always thought its impossible to have such emotional attachment to one place but once again, I am glad I am wrong. It's just the people there; teachers, friends, classmates and school helpers that make the whole experience worth every tear and laughter.

It's funny how you tend to remember a place through familiar faces you've seen before and it never crossed your mind that one day, these faces may turn their back against you and when they do, there's just a sudden void in you. And you think to yourself, "Why do I let other people have control over myself?".

And when that happens, it's my choice whether to let them ruin my whole perception of that place or remain unaffected and strong. I choose the latter for the simple reason, I owe everything I am today to TK. TK was where I grew up, TK was my home and still is. And nobody can change that. I respect you for who you are but not even you can change that.

I miss singing the school song at the assembly plaza.

Anyway, to something of lesser substance. Chemistry is getting very challenging now. And, please believe me when I say that. It's no longer as simple as Sec4 work... now it's like harder and harder. Why Chemistry, why? How can I appreciate you and embrace you if you do this to me? Be nice to me Chemistry, please!

Physics is fun now simply because Dr Vaz is a really excellent tutor and he's always ready to clear you misconceptions and doubts. So, it's a good start to a long battle. I think I may just like Physics a little bit more so please Chem... you know what to do.

it's either you sink or you swim

No comments: